Serves 4 | Prep 10 min | Cook 0 min
1 large cucumber
1/2 red onion
1/3 can red kidney beans
1/3 can cannelini beans
1 small bunch cilantro
pinch black pepper
1. Rinse beans, set aside in large mixing bowl.
2. Peel and dice cucumber, chop onion- add to mixing bowl.
3. Cut limes in half and squeeze juice directly onto vegetables.
4. Chop cilantro and add to salad.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix all ingredients together.
Voila! A quick, healthy and delicious meal that was invented one late night (hence 3 am) after a night out and the only ingredients in my fridge at the time were limes, cilantro, a cucumber and kidney beans. It has been my favorite meal since.
Store remainder covered in the refrigerator.
Welcome to my food diary. Well kind of.. This blog was created to share my almost, all-of-the-time accidental and delicious creations in the kitchen. It's truly amazing what you can come up with when left with few options! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and love trying them out for yourself!