Serves 4-6 | Prep 10 min | Cook 60 min
1 large size head of cauliflower
1 tbsp minced garlic
4 fresh garlic cloves, diced
4 stalks of celery, diced
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 cups chicken broth (use vegetable broth if you wish to make vegetarian)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp curry
1. Wash and core the cauliflower, then coarsely chop. Set aside.
2. Heat a large, deep pot over medium-high heat, then add the coconut oil. When the oil is melted, add celery and garlic. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook about 5 minutes. Add the chopped cauliflower and curry seasoning, cook about 5 minutes.
3. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the vegetables are very tender, about 45 minutes.
4. Working in batches, carefully transfer the cauliflower and some of the broth to a blender or food processor (cover the top to protect yourself from splatters) and purée the cauliflower until smooth, adding more broth as necessary. Leave some pieces a little chunky for texture.
5. Pour the purée back into the soup pot, then add the salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook over medium until heated through. Serve immediately with a little curry sprinkled on top.
Store remainder covered in the refrigerator.
Liven it up!
Add baked asparagus and cod for a delicious, healthy, paleo inspired dish! :)
Welcome to my food diary. Well kind of.. This blog was created to share my almost, all-of-the-time accidental and delicious creations in the kitchen. It's truly amazing what you can come up with when left with few options! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and love trying them out for yourself!