A brown banana means banana bread! A mean chocolate addiction means mocha banana bread! Peanut butter is, well, peanut butter.. add that to the mix and you've got peanut butter glaze soaked chocolate banana bread. (whew!)
The banana bread:
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
2/4 cup of garbanzo bean flour
2/4 cup of chocolate whey (i used Isagenix's chocolate isalean shake powder)
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 large eggs
2 very ripe medium to large bananas, mashed
1/4 cup of water mixed with 2 tbsp sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 x 5 loaf pan by either oiling the dish or lining with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cardamom and flours. In a separate small bowl, mix together coconut oil, eggs, bananas, sugar water and vanilla until very well combined.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix together until combined. Do not overmix.
4. Pour batter in prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until set in the center and a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Set aside and prepare the peanut butter glaze. Pour evenly over the entire loaf. Enjoy!
The peanut butter glaze:
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Mix confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and vanilla extract. Add in the peanut butter and put over heat until well blended through.
Welcome to my food diary. Well kind of.. This blog was created to share my almost, all-of-the-time accidental and delicious creations in the kitchen. It's truly amazing what you can come up with when left with few options! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and love trying them out for yourself!